[SECC] SS CW 2011 - Are You Ready?

Subject: [SECC] SS CW 2011 - Are You Ready?
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (Jeffrey Clarke)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 21:32:09 -0400

  Something I noticed this past weekend about 15 and 10 meters during CQWW -
Both of those bands were excellent for DX but there was also a lot of short
skip and loud back scatter stations. It might be possible to run with a
decent rate on both 15/10 meters in SS this year.

Check out this link for a simple loop antenna that works pretty good on both
of those bands.  http://kt4qw.com/acan1.htm . This is what I have been using
for 6 meters for the last several years. I built one for 10 meters a few
weeks ago and it works great. It's a very good antenna for the time and
effort it takes to build one and put it up in a tree.  It also fills in the
gaps I get with all the lobes in the antenna pattern of my 130 ft center fed
zepp. I plan on also building one for 15 meters before SS. I think this is
the same antenna that N4GG mentioned in his post.

My plan is to try to do 24 hours SOLP. Hope to work a bunch of SECC members.

Jeff KU8E