[SECC] Norcross Vibroplex Key

Subject: [SECC] Norcross Vibroplex Key
From: k2uft at yahoo.com (Dick Bentley)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:22:15 -0700 (PDT)

Attached are two pictures of the 1908 Norcross Vibroplex that Fred, KT5X, just
shipped to me.?As you can see, FedEx treated the package well! The bug will be
the centerpiece for Norcross Vibroplex Day on October 8, 2011 at the Norcross,
GA Visitors Center.? The event will be kicked off by the Mayor of Norcross.?
The Norcross Vibroplex Bug was manufactured by United Electric Mfg. Co. in
Norcross in 1908 and is extremely rare. Fred estimates that no more than 3,000
were produced - only 23 are known to survive today.? We will be signing special
event call sign N4V (Norcross for Vibroplex) at the event and during the
weekend?from various local hams' stations.? The main sponsor is the North
Georgia QRP Club.?
?
I will be showing the bug at the upcoming Atlanta Radio Club meeting on
Thursday, 9/1 and at the NOGA meeting Saturday 9/10.