[SECC] SC QSO Party (changes coming)

Subject: [SECC] SC QSO Party (changes coming)
From: toddatkins at gmail.com (Todd Atkins)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:56:22 -0400
Well I've just been asked to take over the SCQP for the Columbia ARC.
Therefore, my goal is to "reboot" this contest with a better ruleset
and to try and increase participation. The next running of this
contest is on 9-17-11 so clearly there's no time to change the rules
for this year. However, by this time next year I want to have a much
improved system in place.

I'd be interested in hearing suggestions as to how we can make this a
better QSO party. My initial thoughts are to model the contest
rules/scoring after the GQP and work on getting better publicity
(especially a website). And if there's a better date that the contest
could be held, then we'd probably consider that as well.

Anyway, lemme know what y'all think.

-Todd/KN4QD