[SECC] Propagation Info for NAQP from N6RO

Subject: [SECC] Propagation Info for NAQP from N6RO
From: k4bai at att.net (John T. Laney III)
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 08:06:19 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [NCCC-blue] NAQP band stragegy
Date:   Fri, 05 Aug 2011 23:38:45 -0700
From:   Ken Keeler <kenkeeler at jazznut.com>
To:     nccc at contesting.com, nccc-blue at kkn.net

Those of you active in the Thursday nite NS, have experienced great
band condx on 15m at 0230Z, for the past four weeks.  I expect this
opening to most of the US to be with us on Saturday night, despite
the sun eruption.

Tonite I threw a few CQs on 10m at the start of the NAQP practice
session.  Got no not responses, but after the test, I checked RBN
results:  0231Z N6RO 28040 28 dB at K3MM#.  I hope you understand
what that suggests.
If you haven't gotten the mults you think you should have/need in the
'typical' mid-day openings on 15 and 10m, I suggest you try CQing, or
moving stations to the two 'dead bands', in the hour approaching
sunset on the wrong coast.

40m is active but still lots of absortion(?) at 02Z.  Too early for 80m.

And tomorrow night, I will be proven completely wrong!

KB, ro