[SECC] Contest Rules

Subject: [SECC] Contest Rules
From: k4bai at att.net (John T Laney III)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 23:27:48 -0400
On 5/26/2011 6:23 AM, Tommy Alderman wrote:
> Those contesters who insistently solicit contest QSO's before a contest
> should read and adhere to contest rules! As stated in the CQ WPX contest
> rules:
>
> XIII. Rule Violations: Violation of amateur radio regulations or the rules
> of the contest; unsportsmanlike conduct; taking credit for excessive
> unverifiable QSOs or multipliers; use of any non-amateur means of
> communication to SOLICIT, ARRANGE, or CONFIRM any contacts during or after
> the contest will be deemed sufficient cause for disqualification.
>
> ANY use by an entrant of any non-amateur means including, but not limited
> to, telephones, email, Internet, Instant Messenger, chat rooms, VoIP, or the
> use of DX cluster to SOLICIT, ARRANGE, or CONFIRM any contacts during the
> contest is unsportsmanlike and the entry is subject to disqualification.
>
> In my opinion, contest QSO solicitation has truly gotten out of hand on the
> SECC reflector.
>
> Tom - W4BQF

Contest rules generally and the rule that Tom quotes in his e-mail do
not prohibit encouragement to participate in contests.  My e-mail even
passed the K1KI test and was posted to cq-contest after review.  I even
encouraged everyone to work my rival P40W.   Solicitation of QSOs during
a contest is prohibited and skeds made before the contest are
prohibited.  I don't seeing any SECC messages about skeds during  a
contest.

Hope to hear you all in the contest this weekend, but you will have to
be assisted or else tune your receiver to find me.

73, John, K4BAI/PJ4A.