[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:55:15 -0500
Happy New Year to all.  NAQP CW and SSB are coming up on Jan 8 and 15
and ARRL RTTY Round Up is the weekend of Jan 8/9.  Teams are forming for
NAQPs.  ACG members should contact WA1FCN for their teams.  I am forming
SECC teams.  Anyone who wants to be on a SECC team should let me know
ASAP along with whether you will be LP or QRP and Full Time or Part Time.

Here is what I have so far:

CW:  K4BAI FT
      NM2L FT
      W4UCZ FT
      KU8E PT
      N4PN FT (?)  Need confirmation from Paul.

SSB:  K4BAI FT
       N4PN FT (?)  Need confirmation.

Remember that there is no circle requirement and your friends may join
too even if not a member currently of a club.

Many thanks to those of you who have responded to the request for
financial help for Faye Rowe, the widow of K4OD.

Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests:

1.  NCCC NS Practice Session 12/24
K4BAI  86  26  2,236  SOLP  1.0  GA  SECC
N4DU   60  20  1,200  SOLP  1.0  GA  SECC

2.  RAEM Contest
K1ZZI  65  12,217  SOHP  1:05  GA  SECC
K4BAI  32   4,554  SOHP  2:26  GA  SECC

This Week's Contests:

!.  Tonight, Wed local, Thurs 0130-0330Z.  NAQCC Milliwatt Sprint.  10,
40, 80M CW.  For competition, run 999MW or less power.  I got out my
WM-2 QRP wattmeter and plan to enter running 950mw.  Exchange:  RST,
SPC, NAQCC# or power output.  Use hand key to double score.  For a bug,
multiply by 1 1/2.  Lots of fun QRPp or flea power.  Give it a try or
run slightly more power and just give out QSOs to us QRPp guys.

2.  40M QRP Fox Hunt.  Thursday night local.  0200-0330Z Friday.  Work
only the two QRP Foxes hiding between 7030 and 7050 kHz.  Exchange:
RST, SPC, Name, Power.  Use 5W or less.  Same rules for the Tuesday
night Fox Hunts on 80M (3550-3570 kHz).  AND, next week K4BAI will be
one of the 80M QRP Foxes.  Tuesday night local, Wednesday UTC.

3.  NCCC NS Practice Session.  Note later time.  NS and SNS combined
again this week for one hour.  0300-0400Z Friday (Thursday night local).
  Keep speed to 26 WPM or less for the first 15 minutes.  100W maximum
power.  20, 40, 80, 160M.  Same band dupes OK after one intervening QSO.
  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.  Come on guys.  If more of us
from this area are QRV, the dupe rule makes for higher rates and lots of
fun.

4.  AGB New Year Snowball Contest (Belarus).  00-01Z Jan 1 Saturday
(Friday night local).  80M CW, SSB, Digital.  Exchange:  RST + QSO# +
AGB# if you have one.  Same mode dupes OK for each 15M period.  Belarus
stations have prefixes EU, EV, EW.  Might be a good time to pick up some
of them on 80M.

5.  SARTG (Sweden) New Year Contest.  08-11Z Sat.  80, 40M RTTY.
Exchange:  RST + QSO# + "Happy New Year" in your native language.  This
one starts a bit late for us to work Swedish stations.

6.  AGCW (Germany)Happy New Year Contest.  09-12Z Sat.  80, 40, 20M.
Exchange:  RST + Serial #/AGCW # if you have one.

7.  Original QRP Contest (Germany).  15Z Sat to 15Z Sun.  80, 40, 20M
CW.  Remember that the European QRP calling frequency is 7030 rather
than 7040.  15 hour maximum operation.  Exchange:  RST + serial #/power
category.  Power categories:  VLP (1W max).  QRP (5W max).  MP (20W
maximum).  After the Pet Rock Sprint is over, maybe I'll QRO to 20W and
see if I can give some a good multiplier to some of the European QRP
guys. This is a very popular contest and QSOs are fairly easy to make on
20M.

8.  ARRL Kid's Day Activity .  18-2359Z Sunday.  80-10M SSB + two meter
repeaters.  Note this includes WARC bands!  Suggested Exchange:  Name +
age + QTH + favorite color.  Reminder that you should call back a
station if the operator changes from one kid to another.  Also, a
reminder to observe third party traffic restrictions.  Unlicensed
operators should not be permitted to talk to stations in countries where
the US does not have a third party traffic agreement.  Suggested
frequencies (don't ask me how they made these selections--they are from
the website):  28350-28400; 24960-24980; 21360-21400; 18140-18145;
14270-14300 (I'd stay away from 14275 and 14300 so the kids don't
receive abuse from the "owners" of those frequencies); 7270-7290; 3740-3940.

9. ARRL Straight Key Night (SKN).  24 hours of Saturday UTC.  Use a
straight key or bug.  Use SKN before the signal report instead of RST.
Send in a list of calls worked and your vote for the best fist heard and
the most interesting QSO heard.

10.  QRPARCI Pet Rock Sprint.  15-18Z Saturday.  160-6M CW.  Exchange:
RST, SPC, QRPARCI# or power.  I can't find any official announcement of
this one, but they have sponsored the event the past two years and they
have not put up any contest dates for 2011 on their website yet.  I have
e-mailed VA3JFF for confirmation that it will occur.  It is not on the
WA7BNM contest calendar, but is on the N2CQ QRP Contest Calendar.

11.  Adventure Radio Society January Spartan Sprint.  Monday night
local, 0200-0400Z Tuesday.  80-10M CW.  5W maximum power. Exchange:  RST
+ SPC + Power. This takes place the first Monday night of every month.
Score submissions are by internet.  Lots of fun and hope more hams will
join in this month.

12.  80M QRP Fox Hunt Tuesday night local.  See 40M QRP Fox Hunt above
for information and look for K4BAI to be one of the two Foxes.

Hope everyone has a nice, a safe and fun New Year's celebration and a
lot of QSOs.  A good weekend for QRP activities and for the Kids Day.

73, John, K4BAI.