[SECC] Welcome to SECC - Richard, K7SZ

Subject: [SECC] Welcome to SECC - Richard, K7SZ
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:23:24 -0400
On behalf of the SECC I'd like to welcome Richard Arland, K7SZ, as a new
member to the SECC.

Richard did such a great job filling out the "tell us about yourself"
portion of the application, I thought I would simply repeat it:

First licensed in 1963 as KN7YHA. 20 yrs in USAF Comm Command. Operated
as CT2BH (Azores), KA2AA (Japan), G5CSU (England), DA2NE (W. Germany).
Like DXing & contesting. Guest OP for 4 yrs at East Anglican Contest
Club (G4ANT, the Mosley Antenna factory for the UK), Guest OP for 3 yrs
at CT2BC (Lajes Field, The Azores), Guest OP W4PRO (Jim Wise, VA). Vy
modest station in Dacula: T-T Argonaut 509, Yaesu FT-817, FT-726 V/UHF,
40M EDZ (Extended Double Zepp) at 30ft, MFJ 40/80M vertical, HALOs for
6, 2, & 70Cms. Very active in QRP since 1965. I've written all three
editions of the "ARRL's Low Power Communications, the Art and Science of
QRP". I currently write the following columns for CQ (The Learning
Curve), CQ-VHF (Beginner's Column). From Jan 2000 to Dec 2003 I was the
QRP column editor (QRP Power) for QST. I work 80% CW and the rest phone.
My wife, Pat (KB3MCT) and I are very involved with ARES in Gwinnett
county since moving into the Metro Atlanta area in late 2008. Members
of: NoGA, SEDXC, GARS, BARES, and ARRL.

I have quite a few G4ANT cards in the QSL collection here Richard.  You
are well within our operating circle, being in Dacula, so. please
contribute those scores you can to the SECC - all are appreciated.
Welcome aboard.

73,
Hal, N4GG
Secretary