[SECC] WF4W GQP Score from Jenkins County

Subject: [SECC] WF4W GQP Score from Jenkins County
From: ironbutttad at yahoo.com (Tad Williamson)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:01:18 -0700 (PDT)
?Georgia QSO Party

Call: WF4W
Operator(s): WF4W
Station: WF4W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jenkins County
Operating Time (hrs): 16.25

? 160:???? 26?????? 0
?? 80:??? 134?????? 0
?? 40:??? 244?????? 0
?? 20:??? 140?????? 0
?? 15:????? 1?????? 0
?? 10:????? 0?????? 0
??? 6:????? 0?????? 0
------------------------
Total:??? 545?????? 0? CW-Dig Mults = 52? Ph Mults = 0? Total Score = 56,680

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I returned to Magnolia Springs State Park in Jenkins County, but this time I
rented a cabin.? The tent has become too much of a pain.? Anyway, conditions
were not very good, but I managed to top my score from last year and the year
before in Seminole county.? I took a couple of hours off each day to eat and
take a nap because the bands were not very great.? Sunday things picked up a
little and thanks to K1ZZI for spotting the "band opening" on 15 meters Sunday
afternoon.? I increased my total by one Q, grin.? Thanks to all the stations
that stuck with me while I dredged your calls and exchanges out of the mud.
I was using my K3 with an Off-Center Fed Dipole in an inverted Vee config with
the apex at about 90 feet in a pine tree.? The one thing I did notice, was I
got a lot of dupes this year--I guess around 20 or so.? One guy worked me three
times on 40 meters.
73, Tad, WF4W

"What a long, strange trip it's been"
?