[SECC] Welcome new member Richard Grey, KJ4AZA

Subject: [SECC] Welcome new member Richard Grey, KJ4AZA
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:03:13 -0400
I'd like to welcome Richard Grey, KJ4AZA to the SECC - welcome aboard
Richard.  Richard has an Atlanta address - so he is in the heart of SECC
country - Richard you are inside the club's official circle for scores
submissions, so please feel free to submit your score for any contest
you happened to be in with credit to the SECC.

Our application form asks applying members what their interests are, or
to mention something about themselves, which I usually paraphrase in
welcome letters, .but I thought I would quote Richard's comments
verbatim:

"I am a neophyte in need of guidance!"

I'm sure many members will be glad to help with advice and hands on help
with things like antennas Richard.  I suggest you join the SECC
reflector if you have not already done so, and also look up the DX club
in town - the SEDXC, which can be found at:  http://sedxc.org/
One of the activities of the DX club is called the "DX-PROS," a helping
hand team. They can be found by clicking on the "New to DX" link on the
SEDXC webpage.

As to when and where to jump into contests - my answer would be pick one
on any given weekend and give it a try.  The weekly list is here and
there is something going on every weekend of the year:
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/weeklycont.php

Welcome Richard -

73,
Hal N4GG