[SECC] HAZER ANTENNA LIFTING SYSTEMS

Subject: [SECC] HAZER ANTENNA LIFTING SYSTEMS
From: k1zzi at comcast.net (Ralph K1ZZI)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:30:56 -0500
Dale,

My experience with the Hazer has been very positive.  I bought the heavy
duty galvanized steel model back in the mid 80's when Glen Martin first came
out with it.  I had it loaded to capacity with a 3 element Telrex 40m yagi
and TH7.  I had it up for about 6 or 7 years in the Washington DC area.
Snow, ice, wind, no problem.  It worked perfect.  I didn't feel the stock
pulley was adequate for my load so I used a much heavier one.  I never had a
problem with service and it came with all the parts.  I took it down in 1993
before I moved to GA.  Finally sold it around 2006, 21 years later and it
was still in great condition.  No rust expect the thrust bearing needed to
be replaced.

I don't know if they changed the design or material since, but I sure had a
good one.

Ralph K1ZZI