[SECC] ARRL CW and "The Circle"

Subject: [SECC] ARRL CW and "The Circle"
From: kd4lcr at gmail.com (Jeremy - KD4LCR)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:58:34 -0600
I did put SECC on the 3830 reflector submission only to make it easier for
John and the other guys to tabulate the scores but on the official ARRL I
didn't.

This was my first DX CW contest and all I can say is I am impressed at the
conditions this year and was completely amazed at the stations I logged on
just 100 watts but I thing I sold myself short on 80 and 40m by not
operating them as much as I should have -- especially 80m I didn't spent a
whole lot of time there -- also 15m was tough because for some reason my
FT897 doesn't do a full 100 (more like 65) on 15 and 160m (I need to put it
in the shop for repairs but just haven't since it is my only rig). Also all
my antennas are my compromise antennas pending the move this week so that in
itself speaks for conditions.. ;)

Jeremy
N4JIK formerly KD4LCR/7J6CEM
Fort Sill, OK
Triple Play Award #327

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
because he loves what is behind him." G. K. Chesterton