[SECC] Fwd: SS SSB KJ4HYG Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] Fwd: SS SSB KJ4HYG Single Op LP
From: kj4hyg at gmail.com (Christopher KJ4HYG)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:12:25 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <webform at b41h.net>
Date: Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Subject: SS SSB KJ4HYG Single Op LP
To: 3830 at contesting.com, kj4hyg at gmail.com

                   ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KJ4HYG
Operator(s): KJ4HYG
Station: KJ4HYG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Marietta, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
 160:    0
  80:   34
  40:   92
  20:   62
  15:    5
  10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

While I'm not really a SSB guy, I won't say that I didn't enjoy this
contest. I
made myself a goal to get a clean sweep this contest (slightly unrealistic,
know), and I did not end up so far from it. I got all the sections in the 1,
8,
and 9 call areas, and I only missed one in the 2, 4, 5, 6, and 0 areas. I
only
managed to get three of the Canadian sections.

N1MM managed to mess up my log, because I ended up with 193 QSO's and a
serial
number of 194. I'm afraid that it shifted all of the serials up 1. If so,
then
I am really in trouble.

Near the end the bands got extremely noisy, and I had to work as hard as I
could to copy people.

I operated the entire time with only 40 watts, and received a LOT of "Great
Signal" comments. Enjoyed it a lot and can't wait for the next CW one to
come
around.

Rig: TS-520 @ 40 watts
Antenna: 102 ft doublet up 75
Logging: N1MM Logger on a Macbook Pro (VMWare Fusion)

chris / kj4hyg

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/