[SECC] New Member - K3LB

Subject: [SECC] New Member - K3LB
From: wi4r at comcast.net (James Lee Weaver)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:03:58 -0400

It seems that the complexion of south Georgia is changing and change can be
a good thing, particularly if it is not a government imposed change.
Redistribution can also be a good thing when applied to the proper
resources, other than wealth. I can remember when there wasn't much in south
Georgia except cotton choppers, tobacco pickers, pecan shellers and homemade
peach ice cream on a hot summer afternoon. Now what's left of the piney
woods and wire grass is being excited by the growing concentration of
efficiently tuned and properly directed radio frequencies.  It seems that
technology is coming to south Georgia. We might even have to form a new
committee on relocating the dreaded circle if the ham population continues
to redistribute itself to south Georgia.  My congratulations to the new
south Georgia ham. Times were when he might have been lonely for some local
high-tech QSO's but such is not the case anymore. He will be rubbing elbows
with some great contesters down there and the SECC continues to grow in both
size and quality. Nashville is in Berrien County. My memory is not so good
anymore, help be out here Mike, might he be the only Ham in Berrien County?
He will certainly be near some yet to be populated south Georgia counties.

Welcome to the SECC, Larry.

SECC - Secretary, Retired & U. S. N. Retired

James Lee Weaver

Peachtree City, GA

"The Pit Of The Peach State"

wi4r at comcast.net (Email)