[SECC] CQ WW Extreme Categories

Subject: [SECC] CQ WW Extreme Categories
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:51:43 -0400
Me thinks that the new innovations (chat room and skimmer) and remote
operations have the contest chiefs running scared.

Why not allow Mults and Assisted to use the skimmer and perhaps even the
chat rooms.  As for
the innovative remote operations lets look back.  W6YY ran contests using a
UHF link 40 years ago.
KH7X was operated from Nevada.  Bill W4AN was into this type of technique by
2000.  Most of us have worked the internet remotes such as W7DXX.  I have at
least 5 or 6 DXCC entities in my log.

I note they keep talking about clusters.  I wonder how many really use
clusters now.  What with the new Dx summit eHam etc.  Log checkers can still
check for single operator violators.  As a matter of fact its easier.

I just hate to see new innovations shoved to the
fringes.

I am posting this here as I am sure this type of post would never make it on
cq-contest.

Dave K4JRB