[SECC] Six Character Grid Square Question Resolved--if anyone is interes

Subject: [SECC] Six Character Grid Square Question Resolved--if anyone is interested.......
From: ironbutttad at yahoo.com (Tad Williamson)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:57:23 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone who replied.??Most of the replies were that it didn't
matter, but to be consistent.? I got?a couple that said something like, "that
could only happen to WF4W."? I?also got?a one word reply that just said,
"Move"? (thanks Dennis...grin).
?
Anyway, the best and most thought-out response came from John Laney, K4BAI.
He pointed out that If I?operated mostly SSB, that?UNIFORM phonetic for "U" was
much more unique and picked out easier than "VICTOR" for V (I know on SSB,
VICTOR often gets mis-heard as WHISKEY in my case).? On CW, the dit-dit-dit-dah
of the letter "V" is unique sounding and easier to pick out.
Since I work mainly CW and RTTY, I will be using the EM73QV grid square.
Thanks John, for the insight and thanks to everyone else for the replies.
73, Tad, WF4W

"What a long, strange trip it's been"
?
The Grateful Dead