[SECC] A look at GQP coverage

Subject: [SECC] A look at GQP coverage
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:19:29 -0700 (PDT)
Just a few numbers for thought.

Our rover routes are set, fixed stations checked in, and we are ready to go.

There are:
5 counties with 3 stations covering,
58 counties with 2 stations
96 with single stations

Just from the overall numbers, if we tried to re arrange any of the double
coverage rovers, we would "create" single coverage counties equal to the ones
we made double coverage.
Giving no net gain in coverage.

The 5 triple coverage counties seems just about minimal with as many fixed
stations we have and as many rovers crisscrossing the state.
In theory, we could get a gain of 5 counties from single to double coverage, at
the very best.
But, I think that would turn out to be very impractical in the real situation.

It would be hard to configure a plan much better than what we have with the
resources we have.

This was all done through the cooperation of all the stations, fixed and rover,
who reported their intentions.

We tend to emphasize the rovers, but it is just as important to hear who will
be on the air from home.
And, we need to know this as early as possible, for good plans to be made.

Thanks to the folks who made the plans, revised their plans, responded to
requests, and were ready to make more changes to better insure full coverage.
We owe a big "Thank You!" to the rovers who come to visit GA for this weekend
from other states.

Bottom line: It is as good as it can be!! Thanks!!

Rovers, keep your skeds, don't get caught short at the end of your runs.
Home stations, get on the air, make as many, or as few Qs, as the weekend
allows, and SEND YOUR LOGS IN!!

If I seem to be "preaching to the choir" my apology, but every year we have
good members of all the clubs who just don't send the logs in.
Please try.

So: Jump in, have some fun, get your log to me...

My gratitude to all who helped!

TNX, CU tomorrow,
Mike

 Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
GQP, the fastest growing QSO party, is on  4/11+12 2009.
See gqp.contesting.com  !
Be well