[SECC] House Bill 19

Subject: [SECC] House Bill 19
From: jpryor at uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:27:03 -0500 (EST)
I spoke this morning with three legislators about this bill.  It turned out
that my church had its annual legislative forum today and I read Rick's email
just before heading out.  I pointed out the importance of mobile communications
in times of crisis.  They all seemed receptive.  My local representative, Fran
Millar, does not think the bill will succeed because there are so many other
distractions -- he used the example of eating a Big Mac -- that could just as
easily cause accidents, and it is impractical for the legislature to pass
legislation covering every possibility.  However it should be noted that just
because Fran does not think the bill has a chance, that does not mean his
opinion is shared by others.  It is always a good idea to share your concerns
about this or any other issue with your local representative.

73,

Jay, K4OGG