[SECC] Additional Contest This Weekend

Subject: [SECC] Additional Contest This Weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:12:47 -0400
Hello all:  In my summary sent last night, I failed to mention a QRP
event for this Sunday afternoon because it wasn't listed on the WA7BNM
Contest Calendar.  It is the Adventure Radio Society Flight of the
Bumblebees.  1 to 5 PM EDT (17-21 UTC).  40-10M CW, maximum power 5
watts.  Look around 7040 (7030 alternatively), 14060, 21060, and 28060.
  Registered bumblebees will sign /BB after their calls, but you may
work anyone.  Exchange:  RST, SPC, BB# or power.  Stations who get BB
numbers are portable and agree to walk, bike, or boat some distance to
their destinations.  Asof this time 174 BB #s have been assigned.  So,
there are at least 174 QRP operators who have planned to be QRV for this
4-hour period.  Those BBs registered so far include at least 3
Europeans, W5KMK/VP9, SECC members NT4XT, WA8REI and W4QO and former
SECC member K5OT.  So, if you can, run your power down to 5 watts on
Sunday afternoon and join in the QRP CW fun.  73/72, John, K4BAI.