[SECC] Announcement; NCCC Practice and NCCC Ladder This Thursday Night

Subject: [SECC] Announcement; NCCC Practice and NCCC Ladder This Thursday Night
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:32:09 -0400
I only participate in contests with a HP category.  Stuck with low wires
at the bottom of the cycle and living on one of the coasts, I am below
the noise floor on the other coast when running 100W.  The "test" you
need to run is HP, not "dupes."  Your rules say, literally, that the
100W limitation "levels the playing field."  How so?  It does the
opposite.  Those in the mid-west can be heard on both coasts at 100W.
Those on the East and West Coast can only be heard on bands like 80 on
the opposite coast when they can run some power or if they own
substantial antenna installations. Lowering those of us on the coasts to
100W drops us below the noise floor on the other coast, thereby tilting,
not leveling the playing field.

Please think about it, or, come here and operate from my place at 100W.
Ill supply dinner, wine, a soft bed and a ton of frustration until you
turn the amps on.

73,
Hal N4GGI agree with Hal 100%.  The 100 watt power rule just give those with
good antennas even more ofan advantage. I rarely operate the the NCCC Sprint
because I got sick of being beat out by the big guns over and over when they
work the same stations (over and over again). My results neverseemed to
correspond my operating skills (when I would compare my score to others)so I
rarely report my score when I do get on for one.Jeff  KU8E