[SECC] Sweepstakes

Subject: [SECC] Sweepstakes
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:17:26 -0000
Already?  At our annual meeting this past weekend, Brian, NA4BW and I
took on the challenge of returning the medium club gavel to the SECC
this year.  The "big clubs" are already plotting SS strategy and lining
up their members for their annual tussle for the unlimited club gavel.

While SECC has never been much for pushing members to participate -
"Just a place to report scores" - Brian and I would like to encourage
everyone, even those who seldom get into a contest anymore - to mark
November 1-3 (CW) and November 15-17 (SSB) weekends on your calendar
now, as dates when you will have the rig on for an hour - or 24 hours if
so motivated.  If you circle the dates now - then "when something comes
up" you can say you are already committed for those dates.  This is a
great way to get out of whatever you don't want to do in place of what
you love to do - yes?

More as time goes by.  There really is no reason we can't have a club
score we can all be proud of, and we don't need a grand strategy - all
it takes is getting on the air.  Same goes for the California QSO party
- which we nearly win every year....

All the best to everyone,

Hal, N4GG