[SECC] ATL Hamfest Meeting

Subject: [SECC] ATL Hamfest Meeting
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:29:10 -0400
Hi All...the SECC had it's one and only formal meeting at the ATL Hamfest in
Marietta yesterday and your slate of officers for the following year were
elected....First and foremost I want to thank each and everyone of you for
your participation for the club this past year...the SECC is a contesting
force to be reckoned with and it makes its presence known in the contesting
community......Our meeting started out with just a short summary of the
club's involvements for the past year...we published a circle for membership
participation...we had a very successful GQP.....I can report to you that
the club is headed in a very good direction....members yesterday just
confirmed our committment to contesting as we spoke on a few different
topics...Now for the selection results for the club....I had asked for the
membership to consider some replacements for our group of officers...and we
did really good up to the point of Pres and Vpres..no volunters from any
segment..I was asked to continue for another year, and Jeff W4DD was also
asked to continue...thats when the sound of a Railroad Train began...isn't
that how tornadoes sound too?? In any case your President and Vpres will
continue...we had a nomination for Club Secretary and Bill Coleman the
present Secretary was ready to hand over the reins...Bill has done an a
wonderful job this past 7 or 8 years that he has been Secretary...and I know
that his work requirements and family committments will appreciate the
break...Hat's off to Bill for a fine job!!

The New Secreatry will be Lee Weaver WI4R...Lee has been membership chair
person for the past year and has done a really good job in recruiting new
members to the SECC, and by taking over the job of Secretary he will add
continuity to the whole process...He will also update and make changes to
the web pages and membership list...