[SECC] WPX CW NS1S(K1ZZI) SOSB40 HP

Subject: [SECC] WPX CW NS1S(K1ZZI) SOSB40 HP
From: k1zzi at comcast.net (Ralph Bates K1ZZI)
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 22:24:48 -0400
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NS1S
Operator(s): K1ZZI
Station: NS1S

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 19.0

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  966
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  966  Prefixes = 535  Total Score = 1,679,365

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Sunday morning I had surprise calls from 9M6XRO, KH2/WX8C and WH0S all with huge
S9+ signals on 40M.  Also GI3OQR 40M LP.  He was the only station heard LP from
EU @ 0800Z.  Good PAC and AS opening Sunday morning.

Thanks for all the Q's!

My funniest moment:  Around 3am Sunday KT3Y had a good pileup going on 40m.  I
needed the prefix so I jumped in.  After a couple minutes it was clear Phil
must have dozed off.  He was in auto pilot sending CQ's not answering anyone.
I checked back after 30 minutes or so and he was still going in auto pilot and
folks calling.  He must have really went into a deep sleep.  I thought it was
pretty funny.  I never did get the KT3 prefix!!

73,
NS1S  -  Op. Ralph K1ZZI