[SECC] Fw: Petition Regarding Skimmer

Subject: [SECC] Fw: Petition Regarding Skimmer
From: dbmcalpine at earthlink.net (Dennis McAlpine)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:27:40 -0400
I think back to the good old days when anything above 800 meters (or was it
200 meters; anyway, anything above the BC band) was considered useless, I
wonder what would have happened if we all said get rid of those frequencies,
who will ever want to use them anyway?  Then when I was a kid just getting
started as a ham, there was talk about doing away with that Donald Duck
sounding thing called Silly Side Band.  Wonder where we would be today if we
had signed petitions to ban either of those things?  At this point, I am
mostly curious to see how someone can keep track of all this technology in
the middle of a contest, e.g. telnet, a second radio, skimmer, all the
windows on Win-Test or n1mm, etc.  Talk about multi-tasking.  I agree with
the voices of reason, i.e. Rick, Gary, Hal, et al, and vote on the side of
waiting to see how this all develops before condemning it.  Maybe there is a
baby somewhere amongst all that dishwater.

73,

Dennis, K2SX

  _____