[SECC] Use of packet during contest

Subject: [SECC] Use of packet during contest
From: w4svo at embarqmail.com (MARK LUHRMAN)
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 23:22:32 -0400 (EDT)
This is for all to read. I have noticed that certain individuals are claiming
single op status during contests and they always seem to have one of the
highest multiplier counts. I am a pretty good operator myself and for years my
multiplier counts were always good. I didn't even use a computer. It was always
hunting for the mults.,but the multi stations always beat me in mults. It is
amazing to me how stations that claim single-op status have as many mults as
the big Multi-Stations, or really close. I just can't beleve these stations are
not cheating and using packet! I mean I like to be competitive, but not to
where my ego has to be inflated! It is a shame that there is dishonesty among
our ranks. I was always taught to do the right thing. So if I don't step up to
the plate, then I too am just as guilty in letting these practices go on! I
would like to think that we as operators, especially in todays world not give
up our morals, for a 10 sec. FAME! Mark W4SVO