[SECC] GQP

Subject: [SECC] GQP
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
An update...
Two logging programs have responded with updates since the last note.
SD and GenLog have been or are being updated.  The links are on the web site.

There are only two other requests out, perhaps they will respond in time.
We have had excellent cooperation from the programmers.
Check your logger for updates or latest versions.

Larry, K4PIC, asked about RTTY and digital modes for GQP.
The rules were not altogether clear, so we have done a bit of edit there.
We only have 2 "modes".  PH and CW.

The bottom line is that RTTY, and the digital modes, are ALL acceptable
contacts.
They will all be grouped with CW to scan for multipliers for scores.
All those Qs will get CW point value (2).
You should put the actual mode worked in each qso line, if possible.
In the file header, CW would be the entry to make, if possible.

One month to go.
I have the mobile spread across the garage bench getting it ready.
The home station needs a wire thrown back up in the tree... under stealth cover.
But when that Saturday arrives, I will be ready.

Get your rover plans to Jeff, KU8E.
Fixed station plans are needed too.
Let's get 159 on the air this year!
Anyone who would sponsor a plaque see Chaz, W4GKF.
Folks who fancy supporting another prize see Gordon, K4OD

Talk it up, go to your local club meeting and plug GQP...

73,
Mike, NE4S

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.
GQP 2008 is April 12/13, see gqp.contesting.com !
Be well

Be a better friend, newshound, and