[SECC] Announcement, NCCC Ladder New Series Begins This Thursday

Subject: [SECC] Announcement, NCCC Ladder New Series Begins This Thursday
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:14:13 -0500
It's back  NS-Ladder V The exciting NCCC spring and summer madness contest.

The fist session of this year's 15-week competition begins this week,
Thursday
night March 6 in NA, Friday March 7, 0330-0400Z in the vicinity of
14040, 7040,
3540 and 1815 KHz, CW of course.

New to NS Ladder, or just interested?  Read about this snappy and fun
contest
series at www.ncccsprint.com .  Follow  the Ladder link on the left of
the page
for more details.

Again, there's a special Newcomers division for those who have not
participated
in the last two NS Ladder sessions.  The three divisions, East of Ms.
River, W.
of Ms. River and NCCC member in CA/NV remain.

Returning Ladder competitors:

It's another exciting year for NS Ladder with essentially the same rules
as last year, including the unique dupe rule and the NAQP-type multiplier
structure.

The series runs 15 weeks. A stations highest 12 scores counted for
awards. For a
complete schedule see http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.htm

Times:  This week is a special case: 0330-0400Z Friday.  Next week we
switch permanently
to 0230-0300Z, keeping the same local times after the switch to Daylight
Savings.  So all contest events, including this week's, are at 1930-2000
Local
Pacific Time, Thursday Night in NA, Friday UTC.

As before, score reporting is complete when you fill out the 3830 form at
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/, if possible by Sunday night
following a
Thursday event.

Questions? Contact N6ZFO directly by e-mail.

As the year goes by  I'll be posting comments on nsladder.blogspot.com .
  You
may want to read some of the dialog there to get a feel for the contest.
  Also
have a look at past dialog and  continuing information from the low
power low
profile contest site of KA3DRR/6:  http://ka3drr.blogspot.com/

A big thank you who have helped this year:  Our NS Ladder Board: K4BAI,
N3BB,
N4AF and W9RE. Ken, N6RO, who runs the NCCC Thursday night sessions
through the
year, and of couse Ed, W0YK who somehow finds time from his world
renowned RTTY contesting activity to design and maintain our first-rate
NCCC
Sprint web page

Finally, a major reason for our NSL success is the excellent cooperation
from
Bruce, WA7BNM and Dink N7WA, who provides that important 1-2 punch of 3830
reports and summaries to CQ-Contest. We are deeply grateful.

After a year of first rate service on the NS Ladder board, Paul, K3STX
has moved
on.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest Director