[SECC] CQ160 CW AA4LR Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] CQ160 CW AA4LR Single Op LP
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:21:39 -0500

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

Total:  QSOs = 433  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 6  Total Score = 53,515

Club: Southeastern DX Club

Comments:

Antenna:
Shunt-fed 15m tall tower

Equipment:
K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 90 watts

Comments:

Not really a full-time effort, but I had a lot of fun. operated a good
bit Friday night, but Saturday I had to pull the plug after a couple
of hours early. Got on both mornings as well, and an hour Sunday
evening just before the end.

Worked 45 states, missing AK, ME, ND, NE, and WY. Not sure what
happened with the ME, NE and WY. I did near an NE station work someone
else. Haven't worked ND on 160m since WB0O left for AZ, and I have
NEVER heard an AK station on 160m.

Heard several strong europeans on both evenings -- however, they
appeared to be completely deaf. Calling CQ over and over, completely
oblivious to all the stateside stations calling. Only managed a few DX
stations: C6A, CM, KH6, XE, VP9, ZF. I did hear a JA calling CQ on
Sunday morning. He wasn't quite loud enough for me to pick out the
call out of the noise, and when someone else found him, all the
callers covered him up.

Managed a few good runs Friday and Saturday evening. Rate meter almost
hit 200 a couple of times. Perhaps the most fun of 160m contests is
running stations. Not bad for 90 watts and a short vertical.

Dedicating this effort to the SEDXC celebrating 50 years as a club.

PS - Later in the week I received LoTW confirmations for both HI and
NV from this contest. I now only lack AK and ND on 160m (Mixed & CW) WAS

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901