[SECC] IC756PRO Problem

Subject: [SECC] IC756PRO Problem
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:22:10 +0000
I am having a strange problem with my IC756PRO since hooking it back up last
night. I had it bubble wrapped and hand carried it to Bonaire so the airlines
couldn't of done any damage.

Here is the symtom :  I have to turn the AF Gain control up all the way to get
any audio out of either the
speaker of headphone jack. When I turn to volume down (just slightly to all the
way CCW) the audio disappears completely even though there is still a signal. I
know this because the S-meter is still functioning like there is still a signal
there.

I have the done a CPU reset and checked all the menu settings but the problem
still exists. Maybe the pot for the AF Gain is bad ??  You would think if that
was the case it would be intermittent if I shaked the knob around and not cut
off completely. I opened it up last night but nothing appeared blown inside the
radio. Any ideas ?

Jeff  KU8E