[SECC] SS SSB - KB4KBS

Subject: [SECC] SS SSB - KB4KBS
From: lee.hiers at gmail.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:48:35 -0500
On Nov 18, 2007 11:36 PM, Scott Straw <scottstraw at mindspring.com> wrote:

> It was a contest that really appealed to my inner-masochist.

<SNIP>

> Thanks to all who worked me, especially those that took the extra effort to
> pull my puny signal out of the mud.  To those of you who said, "too bad, so
> sad, try again later," just how much later?  When I'm flush with mono-band
> beams?  I'm trying just as hard or harder to reach my goal of 60 as you are
> to reach your goal of 1600.  Next contest, lose the cavalier attitude or get
> better hearing aids.

That's part of the masochism.

"Later" is just that:  later.  QRM changes.  QRN changes.  Propagation
changes.  Any one of which may allow a QSO in 15 minutes that is
impossible at present.  If you're PW, that goes with the territory...I
know, I've been on both sides of the equation.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"