[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests, Etc.

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests, Etc.
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:24:46 -0400
Greetings to all from Austin, TX, where WA4ILO and I have just returned
from a nice dinner with Central TX DX & Contest Club members K5NA,K5DU,
K5OT, N2LA, WM5R, W5JEN, W5RQ, W5GAI, W5JAW and N3BB.  This was a
special meeting put together just because we were in town for a
Bankruptcy Judges' Seminar.  N3BB also gave me a tour of his house and
station Sunday and took me to lunch and W5JAW and his XYL, Jan, took me
to dinner Sunday night.  This is a great hobby!  Thanks Jim and Diana,
Jim and Jan, and Richard and Susan.  I am going to try to post this
tonight from the laptop since I won't be home until late Wedesday
night.  I apologize in advance for the columns not lining up right.

1.  North American Sprint, SSB
N4PN  215  45  9,675  HP  3.5  GA  SSC
KU8E  195  45  8,775  HP  4     GA  SSC
W4NZ  221  39  8,619  HP  4    TN  SSC
K4BP   196  36  7,252  HP  4    TN  SSC
K4RO  155  33  5,115  HP  2.5  TN  SSC
N5BO  114  36  4,104  LP  3.5  FL
NA4BW 103 35 3,605 QRP 4   GA  SSC
W4PA                    ?                  TN  SSC
N4OX                    ?                  FL  SSC

2.  NCCC Sprint, SSB, 9/14
NA4BW  19  9  171  LP  3.5  GA

3.   Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW
N4PN  176  63  17,262  SOABHP  6  GA
N4GG   65  33    2,871  SOABHP  ?   GA

4,  Washington State Salmon Run
Call    CW Q  Ph Q  Mult  Score     Category   Time   State
K4ZGB  86    38      34     14,280   SOMixLP  10      AL
W4NTI  33      7      18        3,618  SOMixLP    5      AL

5.  South Carolina QSO Party
AI4MT   0     71       17        1,587  SOFixLP    4       SC
K2SX   33      0                         66  SOFix?P    ?       SC
N3ZL     5      0                            ?                    3.5    SC
W4BQF 2      0                            ?                    ?       GA

Coming up, we have:

1.  North American QRP CW Club Straight Key/Bug Sprint.  0030-0230Z
Thurs (Wed night local).  80-20 CW, 5W maximum.  Exchange:  RST + SPC +
NAQCC# or power.

2.  20M Fox Hunt Foxtravaganza.  0100-0230Z.  All the Foxes from this
season, alternates, and committee members may be Foxes Thursday night
local, including K4BAI and AA4NN, Joe, in SC.  20M CW limited to 5 watts
or less.  Most activity above 14050.  Work only Foxes who will call CQ
Fox.  Exchange:  RST, SPC, Name, Power.

3.   NCCC Sprint CW.  80-20M LP 100 W or less.  0230-0300Z Friday,
Thursday night local.  Exchange:  Both calls, #, name, SPC.  QSY 1 khz
after any QSO.  Dupes OK after band change or one intervening QSO.

4.  Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  80-10M
SSB.  Exchange:  RS + serial #.  Work Scandinavian stations only.

5.  CIS DX Contest.  CW/RTTY.  160-10M.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  Exchange:
RST + CIS area code or QSO #.  Expect little activity in this one.

6.  Straight Key Century Club Sprint (SKS).  00-24Z Sunday.  Use only a
manual key.  160-10M CW.  Activity around 050 khz on most bands.
Exchange:  Name + SPC + SKCC # or power.

Sorry I missed operating activities last weekend.  I tried to find a
place to operate the Sprint from here, but was unsuccessful.  Hope
everyone has a nice week and weekend and a lot of QSOs.  In addition to
the Fox Hunt, I'll try to be QRV in the NCCC Sprint, the SAC SSB contest
to some extent, and part-time in the SKS.  Look for me and my hand key
for a good laugh.  If I hear anyone in the CIS contest, I'll try to give
them a point.  73, John, K4BAI.