[SECC] activity

Subject: [SECC] activity
From: NSulmeyer at comcast.net (Neal Sulmeyer)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:04:42 -0400
Sorry that my activity in the last few months has been so poor.  Both my 'on
the air' and 'social' activities (e.g. meeting last week) have been at the
bottom of my priority list due to a large (thank g-d) influx of new
business.

I did try to get on for the CQ WPX, but after n1mm crashed for the third
time, my frustration tolerance level was exceeded.  I recently upgraded my
development computer and replaced the old PII that had been in the ham shack
with my old development computer (a Dell PIII) that has been working just
fine.  Logic8, writelog and n1mm all seemed to be working.  I used n1mm for
the 6m sprint with no problems.  When I went to setup for CQWPX Friday about
an hour before the start, n1mm just hung up when I switched to the NJ4U
database.  After about an hour I figured out that the "mdb" file had
corrupted as I could not open it with VFP or Access.  I down loaded the
fixer exe from n1mm's web site, and got everything working. I started on 10M
(E's was good) about 30min after the start time. After about 20 Q's and in
the middle of a CQ the power on the computer went whacky and n1mm crashed!
After restarting the computer and n1mm I quickly discovered that the 'MDB'
was corrupt again, fixed it and restarted.  Another 10 Q's later, crash! End
of contest for me.  I haven't touched the computer (or radio) since.

My intentions are to be on this weekend for the ARRL VHF, if necessary with
the old PII.  6 and 2 only as I have no time to get the higher bands
working.

Neal Sulmeyer, K4EA