[SECC] Reminder, Ontario QSO Party This Weekend

Subject: [SECC] Reminder, Ontario QSO Party This Weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:34:10 -0400
Hello Again

Contest Club Ontario is ready to roll this weekend. Work as many
VE3/VA3's as possible in the 50 Counties, Cities and Districts that
subdivide this vast expanse of real estate. This is the first year that
CCO has undertaken the sponsorship of this contest. We have been
marshalling our approximately 300 members to provide as much activity as
possible including a number of rover stations.

Certificates will be available to the top scores in each
Province/Territory outside Ontario, each state in the U.S.A. and each DX
Country in addition to a large number of awards for those inside
Ontario. We will have three bonus stations on, VA3CCO, VA3RAC and
VE3ODX, all providing 10 point QSO's. Take a look at the revised rules
on the web at http://cco.ve3xd.com/oqp/index.htm , noting particularly
the addition of two more multipliers and the change in the time schedule.

It's CW and phone from 160m to 2m, 2 points for CW and 1 point for
phone, multipliers per band. On 80m SSB, it should be easier to nab us
now that we can't hide below 3775! On 40m we will try to spend as much
time as possible working above 7125 or listening split. Check the
Suggested Frequencies on the web. Check 160 at 0400z and just before
0500z. At the bottom of the cycle 40m is very long for inter-Ontario
QSO's and we really need those QSO's with W's, DX and other Canadians!
20m should also be good for Ontario to "others". The other bands may
tend to be "QSY Specials".

We'll be looking for lots of reciprocal QSO's from all those other QSO
Parties in which CCO has been participating. The California, Florida and
Pennsylvania QSO Parties come to mind as well as the Georgia QSO Party
last weekend. We'll also be trading QSO's with the Michigan event on
Saturday. We'll be looking for those also working the YUDX CW as well.
How flexible is your logging system? VE3CRU is sponsoring a plaque for
the high scoring U.S.A. entry. A similar plaque will be awarded to the
high scoring Canadian outside Ontario.

Good luck and See you this weekend!

73 Bob VE3KZ for CCO.