[SECC] 84 GQP logs in mail first Morning!

Subject: [SECC] 84 GQP logs in mail first Morning!
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 05:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
We have 84 logs in the inbox this AM!
I do not remember such a response in my 4 years of scoring.  Last year we had
170 entries.
I think the great rover activity and the BIG presence of many fixed stations
gave us a boost.
Let's hope the rate continues.

I will be "head down" for a couple days juggling files and sending thank you
confirming notes.

My rover run was not extensive, but great fun.
Total score was about 8K, mixed, details later.

My Soapbox:
My laptop is new last fall, so it has all the latest ommissions... no comport,
no LPT port, no floppy, all at no extra cost!
As my first county was to be up by Lake Lanier, I stopped by the new Fry's
store and got a usb printer adapter to drive the CW.  No GO.
It did not enumerate a port in the hardware list.  And I had to use 2 adapters
to get from Centronics 36 pin to DB25 for my LPT to CW cable.
There is a driver needed for Win XP LPT ports and I could not find it.  I have
a copy somewhere but it is lost, and internet searches got nil.
So I just plugged in the paddle and had a go.  I was pretty sloppy at first,
but by the end of time Sunday I had the hang back.
I guess I just  have to go to serial USB adapters for all the hookups.  (If
anyone has that LPT driver, send me a copy)
 SWR on 40 was 5:1, and according to the old saying, "10:1 or less is good
enuf" I just roared ahead with about 25W.
It worked well.

I did see a pic or two in the log notes, send yours if you can and I will put
them on the web.

Thanks to all,
Mike

Please use ne4s at iham.us or mike1230 at mcnet.us as my address.