[SECC] Update on Several Subjects

Subject: [SECC] Update on Several Subjects
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:35:50 -0500
Hello all:

1.  I will be a QRP Fox in the QRP Fox hunt tonight on 80 M CW between
0200 and 0330Z (9 to 10 PM EDT).  If you would like to turn your power
down to 5 watts, please give me and the other QRP Fox a call.  I (and
the other Fox, W5KDJ, Wayne in TX) will be between 3550 and 3570.  We
will probably be working split as long as there is a pile up and then
simplex.  The exchange is call, RST, Name, State, and Power.  One will
be in the lower 10 khz segment and the other in the higher segment.

2.  The Georgia State Net (7 and 10 PM local ET) and Georgia Training
Net (9PM local ET) are now on 3549 khz.  All are welcome.  The GTN is
slower speed and might be good for newly upgraded hams.

3.  KU8E and I will be giving the program at the SEDXC meeting in
Atlanta on March 21 with a PowerPoint presentation on our trip to Brasil
for WRTC last July and we hope to include some photos from our recent
trip to Bonaire for ARRL DX CW.

4.  K4RO is trying to put together a team or teams for the RTTY Sprint
this Saturday night.  If interested, e-mail Kirk: k4ro at k4ro.net.

5.  This weekend, there will be a number of contests, including the
Oklahoma QSO Party.  They are celebrating a milestone and will be using
a lot of one by one calls.  I believe I read that NY4N will be running
mobile there with a one by one 4 area call.  Most of them will have the
number five in them.  One will be by a former SECC and SEDXC Member,
W5LE (formerly N5CE).  That call will be W5L and operators will
apparently be Gene, W5LE and John, N6MU, who is flying in for the contest.

73,

John, K4BAI.