[SECC] Cushcraft to be sold--for what it's worth.....

Subject: [SECC] Cushcraft to be sold--for what it's worth.....
From: ironbutttad at yahoo.com (Tad Williamson)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:59:00 -0800 (PST)
I discovered the published turning radius of
Cushcraft's MA5B mini-beam was incorrect (longer not
shorter).  This caused me to point the beam either
north or south before lowering my tower.  It looks
like they measured from the center of the antenna to
the end of the center element instead of to the end of
the reflector.  Not a huge big deal.
I called Cushcraft about it and the tech that I spoke
with was not very helpful and when I asked him how
they determined turning radius, his reply was
something like, "the same as everyone else does."
When pressed further he didn't have an answer. I
pointed it out to one of the folks in the Cushcraft
booth at Dayton last year and his resonse was
something along the lines of, "yes, there are a few
mistakes like that, that need to be corrected."
The last I looked, the turning radius had still not
been changed online.  I wonder if they jsut don't care
as much about the amateur market.
Again not a huge big deal and the MA5B performs well
for a "mini" beam.  Since I've got to move the beam to
raise and lower the tower anyway, I am replacing MA5B
with a Mosley with about twice the gain.
73, Tad, WF4W