[SECC] FW: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Time Calculations

Subject: [SECC] FW: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Time Calculations
From: halken at comcast.net (Hal Kennedy)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:42:28 -0000
In case anyone missed this exchange last month on the CQ-contest
reflector - it came to light that the long-standing convention of
calculating off time as requiring 30 consecutive clock-minutes with no
QSOs had actually been set up in the scoring software to accept 29
consecutive no-QSO minutes and it would stay that way.

I don't suggest anyone necessarily attempt to cut it this close, but
some folks do so, this note is FYI.

BTW, I believe this is contrary to the way every, or nearly every
logging program calculates it.  Writelog, for example, wants to see 30
consecutive minutes (not 29) with no QSOs before it calls the last
thirty minutes (not 29) off time.  If you want to cut it close, you will
probably need pencil and paper to get it right.

73,
Hal