[SECC] Thursday Night NCCC NA Sprint CW Practice

Subject: [SECC] Thursday Night NCCC NA Sprint CW Practice
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:52:04 -0500
Hello all:

In view of there being no real contest opportunities this weekend, you
might enjoy the NCCC NS Sprint Practice session tonight.  Thursday night
local. Friday, 0330-0359 UTC.  160, 80, 40, 20 M.  Usual NA Sprint rules
with exceptions.  160M is added, of course.  The QSY rule is 1 khz
instead of 5 khz.  You may work the same station again on another band,
but also on the same band if there has been at least one intervening
contact for each station.  Count multipliers PER band, instead of once
for the entire contest.  Everyone is limited to 100 watts output.
Frequencies are about 40 khz up on each band other than 160.  Exchange
is the same as NA Sprint:  Both calls, QSO #, Name, S/P or "DX."  You
should set up your logging software for NA Sprint and just recompute the
score at the end.  Just add up the QSOs plus dupes for each band and
figure out the mults per band by a quick review of the log.  Multiply
QSOs x mults and you your have your score, which you can report on the
post contest net on or about 3830 SSB.  This will be the first time that
I can report my score on the air due to my license class frequency
restriction.  This can be an excellent way to practice SO2R.  I have
been doing it SO1R since June when I disconnected the SO2R set up for
the Brazil trip.  Hope I'll get it set back up SO2R at least for LP soon.

73,

John, K4BAI.