[SECC] ARRL 160 KU8E Single Op LP

Subject: [SECC] ARRL 160 KU8E Single Op LP
From: RadioIR at charter.net (K4SAV)
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:05:46 -0600
..."Frustrating to hear so many loud W6/W7's - some 20 dB over - and
have them CQ in your face."......

Remember most of these stations are using directive receive antenna, and
if they get lazy and don't flip the switch to all directions they may
not hear you. However you are correct that an amp is a big help on 160.
Whenever I call a European station on 160 and forget to turn on the amp,
they never hear me either.

Jerry