[SECC] Clicks in the loop

Subject: [SECC] Clicks in the loop
From: roger.hoeft at intergraph.com (Hoeft, Roger V)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:33:30 -0600
Folks,

Anyone have any notion as to what may be the source of  a clicking noise (40 -
50hz) that is picked up by a K9AY loop? The noise is more pronounced on 160M
than on 80M.  It's too low in the noise to be heard via the tx antenna, but
comes through strong in all 4 directions of the loop.  I'm guessing it's
similar to an electric fence / charging device - although I've never
experienced one via the radio.

Any suggestions on how to locate and nullify the source?  Thanks es will be
looking for you on 160M this weekend.

73,

Roger ...
KA9EKJ