[SECC] Contest Circles

Subject: [SECC] Contest Circles
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 17:59:49 -0400
Contest circles in GA, FL, TN  can't compete with those in the Northeast or
Mid Atlantic.  YCCC, FRC, and PVRC
cover areas that have heavy concentrations of contesters.

In the CQ 160, I see YCCC entries from Eastern NY to the far reaches of
Maine.   The FRC covers NY State North of
PA, Most of eastern PA, New Jersey, and Delaware.  PVRC  covers MD, DC,
Virginia, and even some in North
Carolina.

Seems they may be stretching the circles a bit. Well maybe a whole lot!

As for circles, how about Southern California (SCCC).  Its 400 miles in
length and hams are scattered all over.  I bet
if anyone checked they don't follow the rules either.  NCCC the same way!

The CQ 160 Contests take club entries from all over.  No one in any club is
left out.  Keep that in mind.

73 Dave K4JRB