[SECC] Wire Beam Ideas

Subject: [SECC] Wire Beam Ideas
From: k4sb at comcast.net (Ed)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 03:30:10 +0000
Bill Coleman wrote:
> A Quad or Delta array might be easy to set up. I used a delta loop in
> my attic for 10 and 15m before I got the tower up.
--------------------
Guys, be very careful wiith Delta loops, either singly or with a
DE or Ref. Their angle of radiation is extremely low, with result that
your signal will fly right over EU. Great for the near East or JA

But if you decide to try it. feed one of the side arms up 17.5% from
the bottom. If you use a balun at that point, you'll have almost a
perfect match for 50 ohm coax.

And be careful of the height of the bottom wire. The antenna is
designed for the bottom wire to be very low,,,,probably about 10'
for 80 meters.

73
Ed