[SECC] [SEDXC] PFFT! (Was: Texas QSO Party)

Subject: [SECC] [SEDXC] PFFT! (Was: Texas QSO Party)
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:15:37 -0400
JT,

The Texas QSO Party has been around for awhile and is probably in the top 5 of
State QSO
Parties.

 From 1983 through 1985, TDXS (sponsor of the TQP) sponsored the 'Armadillo
Runs' which, over three years, activated every county in the 5th call area. In
1986, they celebrated the Texas
Sesquicentennial by sponsoring the Great Armadillo Run of 1986, where they
attempted to
activate every county in the USA over two weekends. I think this happened
during the TQP
weekend and it was a big deal back then....

 I don't know how long CQWW RTTY has been around but it was not really
considered a major contest until recently. RTTY contesting has just taken off
in the last few years. Before that not much
of anyone really cared much about it except for the hardcore guys.

I will probably get out my RTTY interface and made a few contacts this weekend
until I get
bored. I have tried it and found it not to be very challenging. It's kind of
like doing CW with a code
reader...

73 and have fun... Jeff