[SECC] 6 meter beam

Subject: [SECC] 6 meter beam
From: kb4et at gtcom.net (Dave - KB4ET)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:47:31 -0500
   I was given a Cushcraft 50-5s just for taking it down. Now, go to this
site http://6mt.com/6tech.htm and scroll down to "Cushcraft 5 ele mods
extended boob, optimized A50-5s.w5wbv.pdf. Basically, a whole new antenna
as the boom is extended to 17.5' (very easily I might add) and the ele
spacing/lengths have been computer optimized. This "new" antenna has almost
the same performance figures as the factory 6 ele.. There are a lot of 50-5
antennas out there and should be easy to pick up. Also, the mod is
inexpensive. GL and 73
Dave - KB4ET