[SECC] GQP Plaques and Certificates

Subject: [SECC] GQP Plaques and Certificates
From: aldermant at alltel.net (Tommy)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:50:15 -0500
Next month, the first weekend of April, will be the annual Georgia
QSO Party. If you haven't done so already, please read the revised
GQP rules for 2006 on the SECC web
site:   http://gqp.contesting.com/Rules.htm  Mike, NE4S, has done an
excellent job with updating the rules based on members input and
comments to him. (NE4S/N4GG will determine if the GOP will be held
April 1 and 2 or April 8 and 9)

Please notice that the GQP now has three major categories for the
contest. While we have sponsors for most of the plaques in the first
category, we have no plaque sponsors for the Phone and CW category as
of yet. Since Mike has developed a very good method of scoring the
GQP logs, we can expect a pretty rapid turn around with the results
after the Georgia QSO Party. As I am now responsible for buying and
mailing out the plaques, based on Mike's scoring, I would appreciate
each member of the SECC and the SEDXC to try their very best to
sponsor at least one plaque. The total cost to each sponsor will
remain the same as in the previous year, that is $40.00 per plaque,
which includes the plaque cost and mailing/shipping of each plaque.

Please seriously consider sponsoring a GQP plaque for 2006. Sponsors
should make their check out to me, Chester T. Alderman, notify me by
email that you intend to sponsor a GQP plaque so your call sign can
be listed in the rules, and mail your check, not later than April 30,
2006 to this address:

498 Nichols Lane
Hahira, Ga. 31632

My intention is to have all plaques shipped within three weeks after
I receive the GQP scoring results. After shipping all of the plaques,
I intend to email a financial spreadsheet to the secretary of the
SECC and the SEDXC, detailing the funds received and the expenditures
involved. Below is a list of the three categories and their sub-
categories. What we hope to accomplish is to replace all certificates
with plaques, if possible.

Tom Alderman - W4BQF
aldermant at alltel.net
http://tom.w4bqf.googlepages.com/home

(I sure hope this formats correct! hihi)

Category                        Sponsor                 Confirmed

GA High Power            Columbus ARC
GA Low Power             Certificate
GA QRP                   Tennessee Contest Group
GA Rover Single-Op               K4VGI Memorial by K4BAI        YES
GA Rover Multi-Op                K4OGG
Top Club Score- Outside GA       K4OGG
US/VE High Power                 W4TE
US/VE Low Power                  K4BAI                          YES
US/VE QRP                        AA4Z
Top Club Score- Georgia  Certificate
DX High Power                    K4YE Memorial by K4ZMV
DX Low Power             SouthEastern DX Club
DX QRP                   KO4RR/N4WV                     YES

Plaque Sponsors for CW Mode

Category in CW Mode     Sponsor                 Confirmed

GA High Power           Certificate
GA Low Power            Certificate
GA QRP                  Certificate
GA Rover Single-Op              Certificate
GA Rover Multi-Op               Certificate
Top Club Score- Outside GA      Certificate
US/VE High Power                Certificate
US/VE Low Power                 Certificate
US/VE QRP                       Certificate
Top Club Score- Georgia Certificate
DX High Power           Certificate
DX Low Power                    Certificate
DX QRP                  Certificate

Plaque Sponsors for PH Mode

Category in PH mode      Sponsor                        Confirmed

GA High Power           Certificate
GA Low Power                    Certificate
GA QRP                  Certificate
GA Rover Single-Op              Certificate
GA Rover Multi-Op               Certificate
Top Club Score- Outside GA      Certificate
US/VE High Power                Certificate
US/VE Low Power                 Certificate
US/VE QRP                       Certificate
Top Club Score- Georgia Certificate
  DX High Power          Certificate
DX Low Power                    Certificate
DX QRP                  Certificate