[SECC] KU8E - RTTY Roundup and Kids Day

Subject: [SECC] KU8E - RTTY Roundup and Kids Day
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:29:09 -0500
    I made about 20 QSO's in the RTTY Roundup on Sunday afternoon after
figuring up how to
  hookup the interface again. Heard N4GG on 20 meters but he couldn't hear me
!! One of these
  days I will have to try one of these RTTY contests seriously... The activity
sounded really good.

    On Sunday, I also participated in the Kids Day contest. My 3 kids - Andrew
, 6 1/2 , Randy , 5 and
  Rebecca, 2 years old all operated. It was a struggle to keep them from
fighting over the
  microphone !!    I think we made about 20 contacts on 20 meter SSB. After the
first few contacts
  both Andrew and Randy didn't even need coaching from dad on the exchange -
name -age and
  favorite color. Maybe they are budding contesters !!

  John, K4BAI stopped by on Saturday and we worked on networking the laptop
computers for our
  PJ4R trip in February. The kids always enjoy it when John visits.

  Have a nice weekend and hope to work everyone in NAQP CW...

  73, Jeff KU8E