[SECC] SS

Subject: [SECC] SS
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:51:14 -0500
On 4 Nov 2005 james.nail at earthlink.net  wrote:

> Sounds like I was just over ambitious!  Lee, are you
> planning a full time effort?

That's the plan, but not sure if I'll make a full 24 or
not.  Plus, I'm *very* rusty.  I'm not sure I've done a
full SO SS effort since 1996.

I still can't believe that was nine years ago!  Which I
guess means condx should be similar.  Back then, I relied
heavily on 80m for QSOs...as I recall, that's where I made
something around 50-60% of my Qs.  Of course, I was using
W4WA's 3 el. wire yagi on 80, which helped a good bit!  Oh,
that was also a SO2R setup, I think I made around 150 2nd
radio Qs.

To be honest, all things considered, this year I'll be
happy if I make 100-125k points, which would be 700 - 800
Qs.  My goal is almost always 1000Qs, which isn't as easy
as it seems...that's only 40 Qs per hour, but the second
day in SS gets mighty slow.  Thats because of 1 Q per
station rather than 1 Q per band like in most contests.

> Should I just go to the Tech game and have a relaxing
> time of the whole thing?

Heck no, I say go for it all...SECC is trying to win the
medium class in this, and we need all the scores we can
get...especially good scores!

CU in SS!

Lee

--