[SECC] ARCI QRP Fall QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] ARCI QRP Fall QSO Party
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:58:21 -0400
The QRPARCI Fall QSO Party was a lot of fun, in spite of pretty bad
conditions.  Last year (only 12 months ago), I made some QSOs on 28 mhz
and made about 100 more QSOs in slightly less time on the air and my
score was about 400k more points.

Here is my claimed score:

K4BAI, SO, 5 W, SO2R, 17:04 hours.

Band   QSOs   Mults
80      25    14
40     119    33
20     177    46
15      31    22

ALL    352   115  =  1,140,685.

QSOs were down on 80 this year, probably because my wife and I went out
to dinner and a play on Saturday night.  But, 80 sounded weaker than
last year generally.  40 M was also down, somewhat due to the same
absence during prime operating hours on Sat, but activity seemed down.
20M was up from last year and that band seemed OK.  15 M QSOs were down,
but mults were the same as last year.  15 was open to Europe, but I
heard no QRP activity from there.  Activity was very sporatic on 15 and
I don't think I got a single answer to a CQ there.  DX worked:  40:
CO6XE.  20:  F6AUS, CU2JT, DL5MC/DL0ERF.  All called me.

FT1000MP x 2 (SO2R), 5 watts output, TH6DXX, zepp and dipole on 40, 80
meter inverted vee.  Also made one or two QSOs with the 40M dipole or
zepp (tuned for 40 by mistake) on 15 on the second radio.  Tried to QSY
to 160 with N8ET, but he couldn't hear me there.  No signals heard on
10M, although it was apparently open to South America, at least, during
part of the weekend.

A lot of GA and AL stations were QRV and also at least one from SC.
Please let me have your claimed scores ASAP and I will include them in
this week's posting on Wednesday or Thursday.

73,

John, K4BAI.