[SECC] Upcoming QRP Contests

Subject: [SECC] Upcoming QRP Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 16:30:54 -0400
Hello all:

There are a couple of QRP contests sponsored by the North American QRP
CW Club this month.  The first is this Saturday, May 7, 16 to 21Z.  See
http://www.arm-tek.net/~yoel/laitf.html.  This is particularly for
portable or mobile operations and requires the sending of some kind of
wildlife you have seen since you have left home as a part of the
exchange.  Since there is also a home station division, I assume that
home stations would send wildlife seen that day at home.  I can always
find a squirrel or a bird.  However, last year someone sent "black bear!"

The other is a 40/80 meter Sprint for Wednesday night May 18, local.
There is a bonus for using a handkey or a bug for the whole Sprint.  I
used a handkey in the April Sprint and just about wore out my arm in
that two hours.  I do think my handkey fist may have improved a bit as
time went by until fatigue sent it in the opposite direction.  See
http://www.arm-tek.net/~yoel/sprint_0505.html.

There are no dues for NAQCC.  You can go to the club's homepage and find
out how to sign up and how to get your membership number.  There are
still fewer than 1000 issued, so you can hurry and have one less digit
to send for your membership number in future contests.

73,

John, K4BAI
NAQCC #644.