[SECC] K4AQ Operating Plan for GQP

Subject: [SECC] K4AQ Operating Plan for GQP
From: Matt at HiWAAY.net (Matt Lee, K4AQ)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:18:21 -0400
Hi Mike,

This is just...a plan...A Plan...A PLAN...subject to change.
This is just...a plan...A Plan...A PLAN...subject to change.
This is just...a plan...A Plan...A PLAN...subject to change.

I plan to operate CW & SSB battery-powered portable (non-rover category)
in the following counties:

Saturday
========

1. Rockdale (I-20 Exit 78 Conyers rest stop)
2. Walton (Walton State Fish Hatchery, I-20/US-278)
3. Morgan (I-20 rest stop)

Sunday
======

4. Hall (I-985 rest stop)
5. Gwinnett (I-85 rest stop)

Substitutes: Barrow and Jackson

I have never been to any of the above sites.

This will be my first field experience in a QSO party working from
multiple counties.

Substitute counties will be used if the preferred county sites cannot
accomodate me for 3-4 hrs. (This is Spring Break Week, I believe.)

I hope to use quarter-wave or larger antennas, Field Day style.

Operation will concentrate on 20 and 40m; 80m if 40 is too noisy Sat
night. I will have 15 and 10m capability if band/activity justifies
QSYing.

80 & 40m field antennas will be NVIS-capable.

Backup antennas: Hustler mobile antenna for 40-10m (no WARC) 7 ft AGL
and above the vehicle roof. The Hustler will be used if I cannot set up
a field antenna.

I will still be on-call 24/7 for work so other rovers and fixed stns
should continue their plan to operate in the counties I will attempt to
activate.

--
Matt Lee, K4AQ
Atlanta, GA USA