[SECC] Claimed Score, KT4Q, ARRL DX SSB M/S HP

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Score, KT4Q, ARRL DX SSB M/S HP
From: schwab at alltel.net (Schwab Family)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:10:09 -0500
Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q K4LCP KG4MVD
Station: KT4Q

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5

  160:   17    12
   80:   61    40
   40:   89    56
   20:  357    94
   15:  219    84
   10:   83    29
-------------------
Total:  826   315  Total Score = 780,570

Club: South East Contest Club

Equipment:

FT1000 MK IV, Ameritron AL-572, 1kw avg output, Cushcraft X7 triband @ 60
ft, R7 vertical @ 80 ft, and 160m Full size Carolina Windom @ 55 ft,
WriteLog ver 10.52 software.

Comments:

Never could sustain a run.  Tried several times and even prepared to hold a
freq on 20M on Sunday Morning before Europe came in to run when it opened
up.  When it did I couldn't stand pulling out the weak stations with the
noise level.  You can only ask the poor sole on the other end to repeat his
so many times before you move on.  When they all appeared to be like this
S&Ping was much more rewarding. Lots of mults this time.  Still had a great
time.  Wish I could score the endless times I fell asleep with my finger on
the keyboard filling my call entry window with 15 occurrences of the same
letter.

I ran a Multi-Single primarily to get operator participation from our local
club (North East GA ARC - NEGARC).  Mostly the members stopped by to see how
it was going and to see the art of contesting.  Only 2 others assisted in
operating the radio and for just a few hours.  Never less the break was well
received.

73's de Steve, KT4Q